1. Get Started: Enter the contest. You can't do anything until you've registered.
2. Get the Files: You can use as many or as few of the stems as you like to mix, add your own tracks, or re-imagine the song in your own style. Use the Indaba Session console to create your new mix, or use your favorite offline audio software.
3. Create Your Entry: Do what you do best.
4. Submit: When your song is ready, mixdown your final mix from the Indaba Session Console, or upload it if you used your own software, and submit it to the contest.
5. Get the Word Out: After you've submitted, your friends can nominate you as their favorite. You can even grab the "My Entry" widget to embed your submission on other websites. Check out the how-to guide to promoting your remix to get your remix the attention it deserves.
The contest will be open until November 2nd, after which the public will be able to vote for their favorite remix until November 16th. After that there will be 1 Grand Prize Winner selected, 2 Runners-Up and 15 Honorable Mentions:
(1) Grand Prize Winner (chosen by the judges regardless of voting): One Grand Prize winner will receive $1000, an Underoath prize pack (including an autographed copy of the album Ø (Disambiguation), an Underoath hoodie, an Underoath T-Shirt, posters, stickers, and other fancy items), and will have their track featured on the band's MySpace.
(2) Runners-up (chosen by the judges regardless of voting): Two Runners-up will receive an Underoath prize pack (described above), and will have their track featured on the band's MySpace.
(15) Honorable Mentions (chosen by public voting): Each of the fifteen Honorable Mentions will receive a 3 month pro-membership to Indaba Music.